Back to site

©2022. All rights reserved.
Crafted by 4Property.

Foreign investors accounted for 78% of property funding between 2017 and 2019

€4.2 billion in capital was pumped into the Irish commercial and residential property market by foreign private finance providers each year between 2017 and 2019, new analysis has found.

This represented nearly 78% of the total private funding in each of those years, with the remaining 22%, or €1.2 billion, came from domestic sources.

However, the analysis forecasts that as housing output climbs to the required annual level of at least 30,000 units in the coming years, the capital requirements to pay for that construction will more than double to €11 billion a year.  Some 86% of that money, or €9.5 billion, will have to come from international investors. 

The data comes amid intense scrutiny on the role being played by international institutional investors in buying up large numbers of residential units for rental, displacing potential first-time buyers and those seeking to trade up in the process.

Read full article: RTE.ie

on Friday, May 28, 2021 in News

Privacy Policy

Pagespeed Optimization by Lighthouse.